Saturday 9 March 2013

Lighting Up Dark Places

The concept of lighting up dark places has always appealed to me on lots of different levels.

Last night we took a small group of students from University of Cumbria out caving. My presence on the trip was simply to provide cover for Kevin while he set up the abseils & ladder climbs - an easy evening for me. While the group went on to explore the attractive "canyon-way" which is beyond the short pitch in Valley Entrance cave Alan & I were able to just relax at the pitch head; talking; listening; enjoying the contrast between the dark & the light in the cave environment. I'll try to record a sound clip next time an occasion like this presents itself, I think it would sound good.

There was plenty of opportunity to take a few photos from some different perspectives, they may not be the best ever example of cave photography but I do quite like one or two of them. There's a full set on Flickr.










No comments:

Post a Comment