Hello, my name is Mal Tabb.
Thanks for visiting our web pages. Marion & I operate a small outdoor activity organisation called Canoes, Mountains & Caves. We provide activities for: adults, young people, schools, charities, families & individuals. A key aspect of our work is the provision of a "Community Programme" which is offered free of charge to participants. If you think we might be able to help please don't hesitate to contact us, you can find out more about what we do on our main website www.canoesmountainscaves.com

Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Ray Mears: Open Canoes & Wilderness Journeys

One of the blogs I try to keep up to date with is Ray Mears' - I confess to being quite a fan  having been to one of his lectures in Darlington last year; owning most of his books & trying to keep an eye out for him on the very limited amount of time spent watching TV. Just a few days ago he posted on:

"Wabakimi Adventures" an article written about a Canadian canoe journey in Northern Ontario with Becky Mason (daughter of Bill). In my opinion its an excellent piece of writing, it begins:

"Canadian canoe journeys are always special; they have a unique ability to purge the spirit of the unwanted static that accumulates in our technological lives. I am not sure why, whether it is the simplicity of life as a canoeist, or the pristine quietude of the wilderness; perhaps it is the honest labour of muscles propelling you through the lakes and waterways. Whatever it is, the effect is to cleanse and rejuvenate the soul. So when I was asked if I could squeeze a late September reconnaissance expedition to Northwest Ontario into my schedule, I took a crowbar to the fixtures in my diary."

Says it all really!

You can link through to the full article here it really is well worth a read

No comments:

Post a Comment